At BEI Exterior Maintenance we work with all types of window and door manufacturers so you are not limited to designs from only one company. The style of your windows and doors can totally change the appearance of your residential or commercial structure. Choose the window and door style that best suits your architectural style when you speak with one of our consultants. We can help you determine your best options.
Windows come in a variety of frame materials, aluminum, composite, fiberglass, vinyl, wood, or clad. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Aluminum – Advantage – Very strong and light, the are virtually maintenance-free Disadvantage – Conducts heat and cold rapidly, can make a room warmer or colder
- Composite – Advantage – Same or better structural and thermal properties as conventional wood, better moisture and Decay Resistant
- Fiberglass – Advantage – Dimensionally stable and has air cavities that can be filled with insulation giving them superior thermal performance
- Vinyl – Advantage – Do not require painting, moisture resistant, and has air cavities that can be filled with insulation giving them superior thermal performance
- Wood – Advantage – Insulate relatively well. Disadvantage – Expands and contracts in response to weather conditions and requires regular maintenance such as painting or staining.
- Clad – Advantage – Aluminum or Vinyl cladding reduces maintenance requirements while enjoying the wood insulating benefits
Like windows, doors come in a variety of materials and styles. The most common exterior door materials are wood, fiberglass composite, and steel and can be a solid slab style or have glass inserts that allow light and still restrict visibility from the outside in.
- Wood – Advantage – Visually appealing. Disadvantage – Upkeep. Wood doors are sensitive to the elements.
- Fiberglass composite – Advantage – Relatively affordable, durable, almost maintenance-free, foam core can offer more insulation than wood.
- Steel – Advantage – Strong, doesn’t crack or warp like wood, foam core can have great insulating value. Disadvantage – Although difficult, can be scratched or dented.
As an experienced contractor, BEI brings a comprehensive approach to your window or door replacement project. We will discuss the impact new doors or windows can have on your home as well as the advantages and disadvantages of the types of materials used.
- Double Hung
- Single Hung
- Bay or Bow
- Residential Entry Door
- Commercial Entry Door
- Gliding Patio Door
- Hinged Patio Door
- French Doors